Checking up on the chickies and randomness!

Friday, February 26, 2010

We went out to Grammy's and saw the baby chicks again. They've moved them from the small aquarium tank and put them into a wire dog kennel.

Photobucket

They've gotten a bit bigger and they seem to appreciate the larger space they've been given. They're developing personalities; one of the blacks is super friendly and will come running when anyone approaches the cage, while one of the reds is very withdrawn and, while not exactly shy, just seems to be a loner. They're very cute with their little tail feathers coming in!

Photobucket

The kids were, of course, thrilled to hold and pet them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now for randomness...

Yesterday we were straightening up the house and listening to Sirius satellite radio on some rock station. A song started and Rickson got SO excited, yelling, "I *love* this song!!!" He ran out and stood right in front of the radio and listened/danced to the whole thing. I thought it was super cute and had great intentions of remembering what the song was so I could tell Daddy... Yeah, well, my memory's not so swell. It's been driving me crazy all day long. Daddy suggested that I turn the radio back on and maybe I'd hear it again. Good thing he did, because the song came on within a few minutes! And how did Rickson react? He yells from the back room, "It's my song! It's my song, Sissy! It's my song, come and listen!!" and he comes running out to dance to it. I have no idea why it appeals to him so much, but the fact that it does is so stinkin' cute!

FWIW, the song was Metallica's "Wherever I May Roam":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwPg8gJq_Kw

0 comments: