Puzzles and fluffy baby chicks. WoW!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rickson has lately discovered a love for puzzles. This, of course, coming not too long after I Freecycled a good many of our puzzles. *Sigh* But we still have a few and I can always get more. Right now I put together the frame and he does all the inside pieces on his own. It's so cute to see the concentration on his little face and the look of accomplishment when he finishes.

We spent this morning quietly eating oatmeal and working on puzzles. Daddy and Sissy were still sleeping so we had a bit of time to ourselves, just he and I.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

And today Grammy (and her three homeschooled kiddos) bought 4 baby chicks! They are upcycling their old rabbit hutch and turning it into a mobile chicken coop. The chicks are a week old and have to stay indoors for the next 4 weeks before being slowly acclimated to life outdoors. We can expect to see eggs sometime around the beginning of July! We went to visit them today and Calli held one.

Two are "red" and two are black. The reds are called "Rhode Island Reds" and the blacks are a cross between Rhode Island Reds and "Plymouth Rocks" and are known as "Black Rocks". (Just FYI, I suppose.) Both are supposed to make great, friendly pets. The two black ones are Peppers and Jackie. The two reds are Sam and Rosie.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, Calli has been playing on my World of Warcraft account a lot lately and has gotten her character up to level 18! She's anxious to get to level 20 so she can buy a horse. Not too shabby for a kid who's not yet reading. She's done it all with a minimum of help, too. She plays as a Blood Elf warlock named Leeshasha.

Photobucket

0 comments: