April Updates!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Been MIA for a bit, but hopefully this will catch me back up! LOL!

At the beginning of April, we finally found Calli a bed. She used to have a canopy, then we got rid of that when we were given a bunk bed. We got tired of that one and gave it away and got a TENT. That was fun for a little while but we used the tent when we went camping and never put it back in her room. So all this time, she's been sleeping on a matress on the floor. Not a big deal, though, since it made it so easy to rearrange things (Which she did. Daily.) and lean it up against things to make a slide. I found a day bed (with the trundle and both matresses) on Craigslist and we snapped it up! Now that we have the bed I can order her bedding set (blue/brown dots) and get the room painted and put together! She's very happy to have such a lovely bed and regularly pulls the trundle out for Lillia to sleep on.

Photobucket



Easter happened a few days later, along with all the egg dying and hunting that comes with it...




For Easter, Calli got glow-in-the-dark planet and star ceiling stick-ups which are SO COOL! Unfortunately, it was impossible to get a pic of them glowing at night, but it really is a neat thing to see. What really shocked me, though, was Calli telling me the names of the planets as I put them up! Somehow she knows all of them! I told her the little saying of "My Very Efficient Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas" which is how I remember the order they go in. We discussed the strange orbit of Neptune and how Pluto is no longer considered a planet. It was fun!

Photobucket


She also got a cool I Spy puzzle, so we spent an enjoyable evening putting it together and playing the game...

Photobucket Photobucket


On April 15th, we had the concrete ripped out of our backyard so we can pour a whole new patio. Unfortunately, this meant being awoken WAY too early by a tractor outside our bedroom window, but it was very exciting to watch!


Photobucket

And because they were woken up so much earlier than they're used to, they both crashed at 7pm!




I've started a small WAHM business making reusable bowl covers, called Rebel:T/L/C's. So my kitchen table is a mess off fabric scraps most of the time. Calli took advantage of a few and put together a dress (which was actually the legs of some fleece pants which were too short for Rickson so I hacked them off to make them into shorts), and a headband. Then she grabbed my camera and played photographer. LOL!

Photobucket


Last weekend we had a Slip-N-Slide playdate with some friends. The kids had a total blast!!



Calli and I participated in TWLOHA: To Write Love on Her Arms Day on April 21st. I told her what the group is all about and what they're trying to do to bring awareness to the problems of drepression, addiction, and self-injury. We had an intriguing conversation while I wrote LOVE on both our arms, then we posted our pic on Facebook. She was quite proud to walk around with that written on her wrist all day while we went shopping and such.



The place where we get Daddy's truck washed put in this cool little waiting area:



 We played in a cute little splash pool and with a nifty little sprinkler mat...




 We enjoyed our newish grass with cloud gazing, picnicing (in our pj's, lol), and tree hugging...




Oh! And gave each other pedicures. ^_^

0 comments: