Edible Wands
Friday, January 22, 2010
So a few nights back I'm peeling carrots for the kids to snack on. I hand one to Rickson who immediately brandishes it at me and shouts, "Expecto Patronum!"

While I was doubled over with giggles, both kids start shouting spells at one another,swishing and flicking their make-shift wands. "Wingardium Leviosa! Levicorpus! Expeliarmus!" And what do I do? Run and post it on Facebook. LOL!!
We just finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, the one with the Dementors. Hence the "Expecto Patronum!" from my son. We're a good ways in to Goblet of Fire now. We read a chapter or two before bed every night and I always wondered how much (or IF) Rickson payed attention. He lays there with Calli and I, and I know he's definitely getting the benefit of hearing language cadence even if he doesn't understand a lot of the content. But apparently he DOES listen! It was so incredibly cute.
0 comments:
Post a Comment